Dilbert Favourites

Dilbert
Dilbert.com

02 August, 2012

On Returning


I have been away from this for almost a year and a half (Yes, I deeply regret it) but now I wish to return to the world of writing and contribute to the extent that the time and my job allow me. This period of hibernation from the sphere of writing has been particularly eventful and insightful for me in other areas, mostly intellectual in nature. While I am fully capable of crying my heart out over my experiences during this period, I shall practice some restrain and come straight to the point I wish to make. Which is; One of the most important things I always learn when I learn something new is that in all my time learning, I had learned absolutely nothing. And I see no end to this.

In the past I have tried to reason the things I saw and tried to arrive at a conclusion (a conclusion which I believed was an intelligent one) but as I read some of my older posts today, I see obvious shortcomings in them. I believe now that if I take a set of numbers to prove a point, a better analyst than yours truly could take another set of readings and prove just the opposite, maybe with more melodrama in his story than mine and a conclusion fit for a Christopher Nolan movie. I lay my arms.

Hereafter, I shall, inspired by my experiences in the past few months, attempt to question, but not to answer (For an incomplete answer is up to 50% better than a wrong one). I wish to provoke thought among the readers and invite comments of those with enthusiasm. The right answer should eventually prevail.

Expect my first contribution to this effect shortly. Its called 'Is Indiscipline the new Discipline?'. No pay hikes for guessing the topic of discussion here.

No comments: